Monday, January 30, 2012

Then Came Marriage Part 2

Okay, so at this point we have been dating for a couple years and Kahu has come in to the picture. We have been discussing marriage and I have made it clear that I would like Romeo to propose.
Ladies, you need to take this as some key advice. If you want your guy to propose STOP ASKING ABOUT IT. Romeo wanted it to be a surprise so he waited until I stopped talking about it. It was so hard to wait for him to decide to propose and I took it to mean that he did not want to get married. I was wrong. He just wanted to be able to propose on his own accord.
I went to visit family in Pennsylvania and I had been back for a few days. Romeo asked me to meet him at his house for our date night, which was very common. When I got to the door I saw rose petals all over the floor. I followed them which led me to a heart made out of roses with a ring box in the middle. Then Romeo walked out.
He told me that he loved me and asked me to marry him. Of course, I was overjoyed and said yes. We knew we wanted our engagement to be for at least a year. We looked at dates and went back and forth with each other and our family. It took some time but we finally set our date as December 7th, 2008.
This put our engagement at about a year and a half. I’m glad our engagement was that long because I don’t think our wedding could have been planned in less time. The planning started right away.
I can honestly say that our engagement was the hardest time in our relationship (well, second to when we broke up years ago…). Our families wanted different things from us regarding our wedding plans and we were torn in different directions. I’m stubborn and wanted what I wanted. I stood my ground…for the first year. Then I started falling apart. Our relationship was suffering and we were arguing with each other and our families all the time. My in-laws wanted so much and Romeo didn’t know how to make them and me happy. I gave in and told them to do whatever they wanted for a number of things. I was tired of fighting and tired of wedding planning coming between me and my fiancĂ©e. I wanted to marry him and that was all. I just wanted to get the wedding part over with. My mother and I fought constantly. She knew there were parts of the wedding that I was not happy about. The problem was that there were parts that I did want and she couldn’t tell the difference. She’s stubborn too.
Sorry that so far my wedding planning part of the story has not been all warm and loving. It was tough and there were many parts of my wedding that I would change, if I had the chance to do it over. But, I did get to have the locations and colors that I wanted. And, more importantly, I vowed to be with the person that I love for the rest of my life. My family and friends were there and we danced the night away. Romeo drank way too much that night, but that’ll happen.





Be glad I didn't post more pictures. I have HUNDREDS

Once the wedding was over I got to breathe a sigh of relief. We went on our honeymoon, which was a 10 day cruise of the Caribbean. It was awesome. We got into our grove of married life and things got better day by day.
I love Romeo with my whole heart and soul and am so glad that we have the rest of our lives to spend together. I love being married to him. We have been through hard times together and have made it through to the other side better than we were before. I can’t imagine being with anyone else.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are together! You 2 absolutely adore each other and I'm so glad we all got to be a part of your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had the most beautiful wedding... RING... good for Romeo for waiting a while and making the proposal special... RING... I am so glad there are no pictures of me from your wedding

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Pugliese Family! And especially that Romeo tolerates all the antics of the #RHH!

    ReplyDelete