Monday, April 2, 2012

Wuz Appaningggg

If you didn’t know, the title of this post is a reference to Born in East LA. If you haven’t seen Born in East LA you should watch it. It’s funny.

So an update to what has been “appening” is that I finally got to meet George! Also, some new tattoos have made their debut!

Last weekend my cousin Kristin came down from Pennsylvania to hang out with us for a bit before her maternity leave was over. She was getting a little stir crazy in the house so she came down to Virginia with little George. I’m super duper glad she came down! I really was looking forward to meeting George and he is adorable. He’s just a little string bean and oh so handsome. He looks so much like his late grandfather (his namesake) that it is pretty unbelievable.

Hi George!

Kristin rode down with my aunts on Friday and we went to my in-laws restaurant, Mamma Mias, for dinner. That is becoming our regular routine when the cousins come to visit us. Then Kristin, Jessica, and I spent Saturday hanging around with the three adorable babies. Sunday I took Miss Quorra to church and then we spent the day with the family. That night us girls went out to dinner with the fabulous RHH.

Be jealous. We hoard cuteness.

Also, Romeo and I got new tattoos!! When I was pregnant I told Romeo that I would like to get a tattoo of our new baby girl’s birth date. After I knew for sure what I wanted to get and felt back to normal, post birth, I asked Romeo if he would be interested in getting a tattoo as well. It would be his first so I was surprised how excited he was at the idea.

So we went to the tattoo parlor and made our appointments. My tattoo was done a few days before Romeo’s and he got even more excited after he saw mine. I ended up getting Quorra’s name along with her birth date. I feel like to matter what happens in life, she will always be my daughter. Through thick and thin, arguments and cuddles, I am her mommy and she is my baby. I LOVE the way my tattoo ended up! I told the artist that I wanted it to be simple, feminine, and for it to fit my body well. I think he did exactly that. It is hard for me to photograph myself because of where it is. I bends when I move so it tends to look curved. I promise it is straight in person.

Love it!

Romeo got a version of a sacred heart with Quorra’s name in a banner. It looks amazing! I’m so glad that he decided to go for it and get the tattoo. He loves it too and I am looking forward to our portrait session with Quorra so we can get pictures of her with our two tattoos.

Love his too!


 I already have another tattoo in the works. No details for you now, but it will be a bonding tattoo for the Fierce Foursome of us cousins. I can’t wait to go get it.
 




1 comment:

  1. Had a blast with Kristin last weekend and I cannot WAIT to get our tats! I'm thinking 4th of july weekend???? ;)

    ReplyDelete