Saturday, April 28, 2012

Babies, Babies Everywhere!

Sorry I have been absent lately. I am learning that it was actually easier to take care of Quorra when she was a newborn. She is now 7 months old (cue tears) and requires constant attention. She is either eating, playing, or cuddling. I get no down time. She went from sleeping practically all the time that she wasn't nursing to taking one 45 minute (if I'm lucky) nap in the evening. On the weekends when I get to spend the whole day with her she still only takes a few naps throughout the entire day and they are all shorter than an hour. She needs to be entertained all the time. Like, now. She is yelling at me from her bouncer because she is now bored with it.

I love playing with her though. She laughs and giggles and squeals. She is amazing and is learning all the time. I wish that I could look at things with the same amazement that she does. As Quorra is getting older she is much more persistent with her need for mommy-cuddles. She is definitely a mommy-baby. It's fine with me because I love to have her with me and, even though it makes it tough to do anything else, I'll stop what I'm doing anytime to hold her. My family has noticed that she wants to always be with mommy and has made comments about her  learning to be okay with separation. Really, when I am gone she is fine. She wants me when she knows I am there. While it might get on some people's nerves I am truly okay with it. Okay.... I'll be honest. I love it. I love knowing that all Quorra wants is me.

On another note, I have another nephew as of today!! My brother Chris has a new son! His fiancee, Kendalle, gave birth to a 7 lb 13.8 oz little boy today at 6:45pm. His name is Benjamin Nunes (Nunes is a family name) and he is adorable.



Both parents and Benjamin are doing great but are very tired. I got to see them for a few minutes today but was sure not to stay long. I know that after giving birth all you want to do is sleep for a couple minutes and spend time getting to know your baby. I'll see them again tomorrow, I'm sure. 

If you couldn't tell yet, our family is pretty good at making the babies. Benjamin is the fifth in the past 12 months. And my second cousin is expecting her first baby in September. The family reunion this year is going to be chock full of babies. I can't wait to get them all together! 

I am so excited that I got to meet the new member of the family. I am nervous for the young parents but they have the best support system in the world. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats friend he is super cute and definitely looks like Chris...those crazy kids will work it all out.

    First to post a comment...what what!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really does look like Chris!! Crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete