Saturday, March 10, 2012

Welcome Noah and George!

I have been pretty busy lately. Not only did I have my normal new-mom-busyness, I also had the privilege of meeting the newest member of our family. Noah Porter has finally arrived!

PS - These are personal pictures. Don't touch. Don't Steal.

My sister, Jessica, was 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant when her water finally broke. She was more than ready to meet her little boy. After hours and hours and hours of waiting for her dilation to progress, her doctor decided that it would be in her and little Noah’s best interest to proceed with a c-section. Check out Jessica’s full birth story on her blog.


I have to be honest with you all and let you know that if I had been in Jessica’s situation I would have freaked. One of my biggest fears with childbirth was a c-section. I may have had a long labor (don’t worry! My birth story is coming soon!) but I was able to have my little girl vaginally. If the doctor came up to me and told me that they wanted me to have a c-section I would have broken down. I know that it would be the best thing to do for the little one’s health (and the mommy’s) but I would have been emotionally defeated.

So I have to give Jess all the props in the world. She handled it like a champ and is healing nicely. Not to mention that she has a super handsome little boy out of it all! 



I am the proudest aunt ever and can’t wait to spoil Noah rotten! Welcome to the family little man! You have the best mommy and daddy a boy could ask for. Not to mention your super great aunt.

I love him!

Not only did Noah join our family, but last month we also got to welcome George Edward! (Did I mention this was our family’s Year of Babies??) My cousin, Kristin, gave birth to her first son, George Edward.


She was induced at 37 weeks due to some concerns with her blood pressure. She took a long time to dilate but only pushed for 45 minutes and little George came into the world. He is a tiny guy but so adorable. Kristin named him after her late father, my uncle, who passed away this past fall due to complications from cancer and cancer treatments. George’s middle name is his father’s middle name.

I haven’t gotten to meet George yet but hopefully we will be able to get our Fierce Foursome together soon and I will smother him with kisses!



I love him too!!

I love both these ladies so much and they are going to be great mommies. Wait… they already are great mommies! I am so happy to have them join us in the world of new moms. Now they understand a bit more when we discuss poop, vomit, lack of sleep, and how we wouldn't trade any of it for the world. 


2 comments:

  1. It is so awesome that your family had so many babies in one year. As a kid I had no cousins on my moms side and was so jealous of other kids that got to play with their cousins at family events. Your family events will be so fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah loves his Aunt Heather!! He was a lot of work getting here but it totally worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete